In our final step, we benefit from all of our hard work to learn. Now we take time to pause & reflect on what the evidence is telling us. And, most importantly, we act on it. We use what we’ve learned to make our programs better.
First, answer these questions:
- What is evidence telling us?
- What decisions should we make as a result? Are these appropriate within our current situation, considering stakeholder preferences, costs and urgency?
- How will we monitor whether this is working (and repeat the cycle)?
Consider these ingredients of success. If they are not in place, could we do anything to bring them about?
- Is there a willingness to listen to evidence even if the implications are uncomfortable?
- Is there a willingness to implement change?
- Are there opportunities in place to share our lessons across our organisation and partners?
At the end of this step you should have:
- Distilled lessons and action plan